As we grow older, it’s common to begin to experience challenges with everyday activities, such as showering, getting dressed, fixing meals, or even driving a car, which can lead to concerns that these challenges mean that we’ll need to give up not only our independence, but our home as well. But there is good news for seniors: home care services, such as those provided by Advanced Home Health Care, a leading Burlington IA senior care agency, can help actually increase independence for older adults and help them continue living at home where they are most comfortable.
And the truth is, these days, the majority of older adults are deciding to receive the care they need in the comfort of home. To help you better understand just what home care is, we’ve put together the following primer on in-home senior care:
- In-home senior care services are delivered on an individual basis, resulting in more personal attention than in a nursing home or assisted living facility. There is no need to have to wait your turn when care is needed.
- A caregiver in the home can help promote a healthier way of living. In-home caregivers are skilled in preparing nutritious and delicious meals that are appealing to the individual and can also help monitor the amount of food consumed.
- An individualized, ongoing exercise program can be implemented and followed through with the help of an in-home caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of a qualified professional being on hand during exercising.
- Home care strengthens dignity and freedom, vital factors for a happy life. Home care (particularly private pay home care) ensures individualized care specific to the needs of the family and senior on any given day, whether the need is as simple as companionship, or more complex, such as help with personal care needs.
- The extra benefit of accompanied transportation to and from doctors’ appointments, social events or running errands means that families have the opportunity for more quality time together.
- Keep in mind that non-medical in-home senior care is not the most effective type of care for those in need of help administering medications or who need other types of medical assistance, such as catheter care. A home health care agency, such as Advanced Home Health Care, can be utilized for these types of services. Private duty caregivers can, however, remind seniors when it’s the appropriate time to take medications.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you and your family more about the advantages of in-home senior care services. If you or your loved one lives in Lee County or the surrounding counties, contact us today at 800.791.7785 to learn more about our professional Burlington IA senior care.