Add StyleThese suggestions can add some style and fun to dressing, taking care of laundry, and other chores:
- Ask your loved one to help with laundry (sorting/folding/putting away). Use this time to discuss your day, a television show you both like, etc.
- Look at magazines and catalogs and pick out fashions you think the other person would look good in.
- Make selecting clothes and accessories to wear each day a fun event!
Spice Up MealsFood characterizes our culture, family history and heritage, and is linked to many emotions. Make mealtime more fun by:
- Including the senior in washing/drying dishes.
- Inviting the older person to provide assistance in making a traditional family dish.
- Enjoying meals outside when weather permits.
Try Something NewThere is always something new to be learned, and no better time than the present to try out a new pastime or pursue a goal. There are many different online classes available, with some geared specifically to older adults and offering reduced (or no-cost) rates. Look for opportunities to learn:
- A new language.
- How to play a musical instrument
- Skills like knitting, culinary arts, cultivating plants, painting – the options are limitless!
Advanced Home Health Care’s senior care specialists realize that providing care for an older loved one can be both gratifying and daunting, and we want you to know that you are not alone. As top providers of the trusted senior care Iowa seniors need, we offer friendly companionship, personal hygiene services such as bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance, and motivation to engage in a variety of fun activities for seniors.