Recognizing the best place to turn with regard to the latest, most dependable info on COVID-19, particularly as it relates to older adults and those who care for them, is extremely important – and complicated. Due to so many resources and different opinions on this earth-shattering topic, our team at Advanced Home Health Care wanted to help make it simpler to find what you need by providing the list below of reliable resources.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page includes a wealth of information, such as help understanding who is at higher risk, signs and symptoms, information on how to safeguard yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping tips, and so much more.
- Comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website focused on caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to supply answers to a large number of questions, such as precautions to take when visiting an elderly adult’s home, the best ways to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and so much more.
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People With Disabilities Need to Know: ACL offers details on what older adults and those with disabilities should be aware of to avoid catching and spreading the virus, in addition to warning signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and an extensive directory of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP maintains a running bulleted list of the current news linked to COVID-19, as well as what seniors should do to minimize their likelihood of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance offers caregiver-specific resources and information to help family caregivers enhance the safety of the seniors within their care.
- NAHC COVID-19 Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the millions of older adults who receive in-home care, and also for individuals who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page shares articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
For many more resources for seniors to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to maximize wellness and comfort for the seniors you love, get in touch with Advanced Home Health Care today. Adhering to a stringent protocol to ensure the safety of the older adults we serve, we can assist with a variety of essential services, which include:
- Grocery shopping and running other errands, to enable older adults to remain safe in the home
- Planning and preparing wholesome meals
- Companionship to relieve isolation and stress through conversations, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and a lot more
- Keeping the home thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people with dementia
- And many others
Connect with Advanced Home Health Care at 800.791.7785 for a consultation in the safety and comfort of home, to find out more about how we can help your loved ones.