When an older adult needs help at home, there are a number of available home care options, and figuring out where to turn can be overwhelming. For instance, should you engage the services of a professional home care agency, a privately hired caregiver, or utilize a caregiving registry? And how can you assess which home care choice is most helpful for your loved one’s unique needs? There are advantages and disadvantages with most choices, but when it comes to care in the home, the answer is clear: hiring a professional agency for Mt. Pleasant IA home care, like Advanced Home Health Care, is the top choice for the highest quality care for a variety of reasons:
- You don’t need to perform a search for a safe, trained caregiver. A trusted senior care agency not only checks references and performs thorough background and driving record checks, but also takes care of finding the perfect caregiver match for each person, considering personality, hobbies and common interests as well as required schedule and geographical area.
- Professional in-home caregivers are well trained, experienced, and supervised. An in-home care agency often provides continuing caregiver training as well as introductory orientation. Continual supervision also helps ensure that any appropriate changes or assistance can be identified and attended to.
- Tax requirements are the responsibility of the agency – not the senior or his/her family. If someone works with a home caregiver through a registry or private hire (such as through answering a “help wanted” ad), the client is in charge of all of the caregiver’s mandated taxes (which often is not revealed). On the other hand, because all caregivers from a professional home care agency are employees of that agency, all payroll taxes, workers’ compensation, liability insurance, and more are covered by the agency.
- Caregiver sickness and vacation time off are taken care of. It’s unavoidable that sometime every one of us, including caregivers, will become ill or need time off for a vacation or to address other personal needs. An agency will arrange for a backup caregiver whenever a senior’s primary caregiver is ill or on vacation. In addition, an agency handles all staff discipline, to address and correct circumstances such as arriving late to work.
- Leave the oversight to the agency. A home care agency provides supervision of all caregivers by a qualified individual. With a privately hired caregiver or one secured through a registry, there is no care oversight, opening a client up to the chance of financial, emotional or physical abuse.
We’re aware that, even when choosing a highly qualified agency for Mt. Pleasant IA home care, your family has many home care options from which to choose. At Advanced Home Health Care, we believe our Mt. Pleasant in home care services are the best available, because of the high quality of our management team, the training we provide our caregivers, and our devoted caregivers themselves. We would love to talk with you to answer any questions you may have about our in-home care services, to provide you with some resources specific to your loved one’s needs, or to set up a free in-home meeting. Call us any time at 800.791.7785 or contact us online.